- Cyber Security Challenges and Opportunities in the Context of Pakistan - 2015-03-04
- Papers presented in ICOSST held at UET Lahore - 2014-12-18
- A Journal Paper Accepted in The computer Journal, Oxford Journals - 2014-12-08
- SpringerOpen journal Paper published - 2014-11-11
- NUST Intra Research Conference - 2014-11-08
Cross-domain identity management system for cloud environment
Cloud based identity management is a significant domain with many security challenges that are still needed to be addressed. Proliferation of identity and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) across multiple Cloud environments/sites raises many privacy issues (e.g. compliance to multiple legislations, importance of location, etc.) including the distrust about appropriate handling of user consent and revocation along with effective control of identity data. Therefore it is required to develop security based identity management systems that facilitates the communication among the Cloud Service Providers (CSP); Enterprise Cloud Subscribers (ECS) and Cloud Service Consumers (CSC) along with the assurance of secure management and exchange of the identity credentials.
Major goals of the proposed system are:
- Secure exchange and management of user credentials across multiple domains with greater flexibility and ease.
- Federation of identities to multiple servers in order to provide security against various attacks on privacy and confidentiality. Identity information is distributed at multiple locations thus in case of any security breach such as theft of identity; loss impact will be minimal.
- Secure transmission of user identity information across multiple Cloud service providers and Cloud service consumers.
- A centralized identity management system that will ensure the availability of user personal credentials across multiple Cloud service providers.
- Fast and easy user movement in and out of Cloud.