- Cyber Security Challenges and Opportunities in the Context of Pakistan - 2015-03-04
- Papers presented in ICOSST held at UET Lahore - 2014-12-18
- A Journal Paper Accepted in The computer Journal, Oxford Journals - 2014-12-08
- SpringerOpen journal Paper published - 2014-11-11
- NUST Intra Research Conference - 2014-11-08
Mr. Umer Khalid
Mr. Umer Khalid has done his MS in the discipline of Computer & Communication Security from SEECS-NUST. He has completed his MS-thesis under the supervision of Dr. Abdul Ghafoor Abbasi. His thesis proposed an anonymous protocol for interaction between cloud entities and is aptly titled “Cloud based Secure & Privacy Enhanced Authentication and Authorization Protocol”. The proposed protocol helps in protection against various identity theft attacks and is employed in manner making it compatible with existing security architectures. As this approach builds on the proven robustness of existing security protocols so it can also be provided as an add-on service/feature in various applications. His research interests include ethical hacking, communication security, cloud computing, medical imaging, secure health information systems, Facebook hacking and social engineering.
Prior to MS degree, Mr. Umer Khalid has done bachelors in Electrical Engineering from SEECS-NUST in 2010. He has also obtained professional certifications of Advance Network security and Cisco Certified Network Associate-CCNA. Currently he is working as information security analyst at Ebryx Pvt. Limited.
- 1. Absract (PDF)
- 2. Publications
- ►"Cloud based Secure and privacy Enhanced Authentication and Athorization Protocol (Link)
- 3. Conference Presentation: Secure and Privacy Enhanced Authentication & Authorization (KES Conference) (PPT)