- Cyber Security Challenges and Opportunities in the Context of Pakistan - 2015-03-04
- Papers presented in ICOSST held at UET Lahore - 2014-12-18
- A Journal Paper Accepted in The computer Journal, Oxford Journals - 2014-12-08
- SpringerOpen journal Paper published - 2014-11-11
- NUST Intra Research Conference - 2014-11-08
Mr. Yasir Mehmood
Yasir Mehmood completed his MS in Computer and Communication Security from SEECS NUST in 2015. He has accomplished his MS thesis research under the supervision of Dr. Awais Shibli. The title of his master’s thesis was ”Distributed Intrusion Detection using Mobile Agents in Cloud Computing Environment”, in which he developed a Cloud based Intrusion Detection System to detect large scale and distributed intrusions on Cloud networks using mobile agents.
Yasir completed his bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from UET Taxila in 2010 with final year project entitled “Intrusion Detection System for Wireless Networks”. He has passed CCNA exam and also obtained CCNP training from Corvit Systems Rawalpindi. Moreover, he has very good understanding of computer networking including TCP/IP protocol suite, routing protocols, various security protocols such as IPSec, SSL/TLS and security validation protocols.
His research interests include Computer Networks, Wireless Communication and Networks, Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Network Security.
Currently, Yasir is working in a software house as network administrator.