- Cyber Security Challenges and Opportunities in the Context of Pakistan - 2015-03-04
- Papers presented in ICOSST held at UET Lahore - 2014-12-18
- A Journal Paper Accepted in The computer Journal, Oxford Journals - 2014-12-08
- SpringerOpen journal Paper published - 2014-11-11
- NUST Intra Research Conference - 2014-11-08
Dr. Fauzan Mirza
Dr. Fauzan Mirza have a first class honours BSc in Computer Science from Royal Holloway, University of London and a PhD in Information Security also from Royal Holloway, University of London. His PhD thesis was on the analysis of some modern block and stream ciphers. During his PhD studies, he visited the University of Bergen, Norway, for three months where he investigated a design flaw in the Twofish block cipher which was proposed for the US Government's Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). He himself and his PhD advisor (Professor Sean Murphy) were awarded a $10,000 (US) prize for the discovery of this weakness. During and after his PhD studies, he worked for various UK companies, government organisations and police forces in the capacity of a data security specialist. His expertise and knowledge includes: computer hacking attacks and defence, software registration/activation mechanisms (anti-piracy), digital evidence investigation (computer forensics), role-based access control.
Visit here for more details.